Thursday, January 28, 2010


BLAH BLAH BLOG

I am so hopped up on sinus medication this morning that I just want to crawl back into bed. But work work work calls and so I'm up and at 'em. Sort of.

I got a new sewing machine from Suzanne this last weekend. It's not actually new, I think it's from the 70s or 80s, but it has some fabulous features which I'm fairly sure will change my life. Such as multiple stitching style options. And arm hole capabilities.

I've got a 1940s Singer from my grandma which has been my mainstay machine, but like anything that old, it likes to crap-out on a regular basis. And my sweet old Singer is a delicate flower when it comes to punching through fabric, so no synthetics or thick material like denim, por favor.

This new machine is a power house. It's gonna kick ass on my old Singer and that's why they can never meet. Like two dogs that I know will fight, I will have to keep them separated. But for now, I'm going to town... or at least, I have plans to go to town and sew me up a bunch of crap. Sounds fun, huh?

I made this valentine garland yesterday night using an old Urban Outfitters paper bag and my new machine. Muy fabuloso!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your Valentine's garland. I should make one and hang it at work, to break a little the testosterone cycle. But I am afraid they will say "What's that?"...

Anyway, my dear, I love your blog, and being able to peep at your creativity once more.